Home builder with a difference - Designing & building your dream home
Kurmond Homes is a local Sydney new home builder established in 1994 with a vision to design and build new homes of quality and excellence.
The home builder business was started by two brothers, Peter and Michael Kulakovski, both were raised, and now reside in the Hawkesbury area. Peter began his building career as a frame carpenter and Michael as a joiner carpenter, both have many years of home building experience.
Due to exceptional demand for professional house builders services, the new business has undergone a rapid expansion. Peter and Michael have added a growing team of passionate staff to handle their expanding new home builder business.
Why Put The Trust In Kurmond Homes (Key Features)
- Family owned and operated owners are very hands on and involved throughout every process.
- Kurmond Homes guarantees that from the time of deposit, Tender approval, Contract approval we can have Development approved plans and ready for Construction within 10 to 18 weeks.
- Guarantee single storey build within 18 weeks.
- Guarantee double storey build within 24 weeks.
- New Architect designed homes and not to be beaten prices.
- Customer service guarantee commitment right through the whole process.
- Upfront information with no hidden variations.
- Strong reputation for construction quality.
- Quality Control right through the whole of the construction process.
- We can build off your own plan or we can custom design a home for you meeting with one of our experienced architects at no extra charge.
- Stable and financially secured company.
- Kurmond Exterior and Interior design service.
- Home and Land package specialist within many estates throughout Sydney.
- Extensive and Inclusive inclusions to choose from internally and externally.
- Kurmond Homes mission is to help more Australians into a new home at an affordable price.
- The key to realising this mission lies with our ability to provide a better experience for our clients at all stages of the home building process.
- We will provide exceptionally good value for money innovative homes constructed to a consistently high quality with an outstanding level of customer service.
Kurmond Homes Procedures of Purchase to Completion and Handover
- Talk to one of our Sales Consultant’s at one of our display homes to discuss your family’s needs and lifestyle requirements and we’ll assist you in selecting a suitable home design from Kurmonds comprehensive array of designs. We would also provide advice on a suitable block of ground.
- When looking for suitable blocks, remember that gentle sloping or flat blocks are generally more preferable because they can be easier and less expensive to build on.
- If you have purchased a block of land, we will provide advice and assistance on home designs that will best suit your block and family. Your Sales Consultant will discuss everything from the size of your home, the number of bedrooms, the size of each room, the outside appearance of your home, the ceiling height, outside patio areas, facade, additional cost items and wish list items which you would like to have included in the home building tender.
2. PRELIMINARY PLANS & TENDER
- Once you have decided to build a new Kurmond Home you will be required to pay $1,500 initial non-refundable fee for service which will allow Kurmond Homes to arrange spot levels and a site report on your nominated block of land. (Note: The fee for service will form part of the contract price from your contract and forms part of the 5% deposit).
- You will need to provide Kurmond Homes with a site plan, 149 certificate, 88b and sewer diagram (these documents form part of contract of sale, or should be obtainable from your developer), clear copy of a Linen Plan with DP number or sales plan of the land. Kurmond requires this information to enable your Sales Consultant to position your home on your block and prepare preliminary plans.
- Preliminary drawings drafted of your design will be positioned on your block of land from the spot levels taken.
- Preliminary house plans are received and forwarded to you for your review and approval (Kurmond will allow 3 sets of plan changes at no extra cost to allow you to achieve the design that suits your family and lifestyle).
- Kurmond Homes Sales Consultant will arrange a suitable appointment time to formally present the Tender.
- A Kurmond Senior Sales Consultant will explain all items and costs in the Tender.
3. CONTRACTS & COLOURS
- Once you have accepted and signed the Tender you will be required to pay a further $6,000 non- refundable fee for service (Note: The fee for service will form part of the contract price from your contract and forms part of initial 5% deposit).
- Kurmond Homes will now arrange for a full contour survey from our surveyor and prepare the plans for council lodgement.
- We will provide you with a comprehensive Kurmond Home Product Guide for you to select your inclusions and to view our upgraded product ranges.
- Kurmond Homes arranges an appointment with you to meet with one of our experienced Colour Consultants to help you select your external colours. (Note selection of the internal colours is done at a later stage) Kurmond Homes arranges for Complete DA Working Drawings from our Drafting Team as per the tender acceptance.
- Kurmond Homes Senior Sales Consultant prepares the NSW HIA Residential Building Contract and arranges a suitable appointment time with you to sign the Contract. At the signing of the contract you are required to pay the balance of 5% deposit.
4. DEVELOPER & DA APPROVAL
- Kurmond Homes arranges landscape plan and Basix Assessment for Developer / Council approval.
- Kurmond Homes lodges the building plans to Developer for approval (if applicable).
- Kurmond Homes lodges the building plans to Council for approval.
We will arrange a suitable appointment time for you to meet with one of our experienced Colour Consultants. At this time you will select internal colours and design your kitchen layout, we have a complete colour selection display showroom at Kurmonds Head Office. Some inclusions may need to be selected at another supplier. We will advise you if you need to do this. Our Electrical Consultant will assist you in designing the electrical layout of your new home and to help you to select where to locate power and data points to the specified areas. Once you have decided on your finishes and electrical layout, your Consultant will formally document your selections, this process will allow us to ensure that we have completed everything that is required to ensure a smooth and timely construction of your new home.
5. CONSTRUCTION CERTIFICATE
- Kurmond Homes receives your Development Approval.
- Kurmond Homes lodges your building plans for Construction Certificate.
- Kurmond Homes lodges the building plans to Sydney Water for approval.
- Kurmond Homes orders the Structural Engineer plans for the construction of your new home.
- When plans are approved and Council / Certifier conditions are checked, final construction drawings are completed and sent to you for final sign off.
- Any final non-structural variations are raised and approved by yourself and added to the contract price as a variation.
- Kurmond Homes prepares a construction file and places all construction orders with our trades and suppliers.
- We will require an 'Authority to Commence Construction’ letter from your lender (if you require finance), or if self-funding, evidence that sufficient funds are available to the contract value.
6. COMMENCE CONSTRUCTION
- Construction of your new home will commence once we have received all the approved documentation for your new home, including plumbing and drainage and details of your selected finishes. Once we have received these documents Kurmond Homes will have the 'Green Light’ to start building your home.
- You will be invited to attend the preparation of your house pad where you will meet your Building Supervisor, who will be your first point of contact during the construction process. You will be given contact phone numbers for your Building Supervisor and Construction Manager, both of whom are available to answer any questions you may have during construction of your new home.
- When the house pad has been prepared, the concrete floor slab of your new home will be poured and construction will be well and truly under way.
- You will be invited to attend milestone inspections of your new home construction with your Site Supervisor
7. COMPLETION & HANDOVER
- When all works are completed, you will be invited to attend a 'final walkthrough’ inspection of your new home with your Site Supervisor. Together you will inspect your new home and discuss any items which you feel might need to be addressed before you move in.
- Once you have signed the 'Certificate of Practical Completion', and all monies have been paid, we will present you with the keys to your new home.
Handover happens when you finally receive the keys to your finished home and your dream becomes a reality!
8. SETTLING INTO YOUR HOME
Kurmond Homes service to you will continue even after the construction process has finished. As part of our continuing service to you, Kurmond Homes will provide you with a maintenance service for the first three months after handover of your new home. During this three month period we request that you document any items in your home that you feel might need rectification and contact us. We will schedule our Maintenance Supervisor to meet with you to inspect and rectify any minor repairs.